By Mieke Verheyde
This quantity constitutes a statement on Articles 43-45 of the United countries conference at the Rights of the kid. it's a part of the sequence, A remark at the United international locations conference at the Rights of the kid, which supplies a piece of writing by means of article research of all significant, organizational and procedural provisions of the CRC and its not obligatory Protocols. for each article, a comparability with comparable human rights provisions is made, by means of an in-depth exploration of the character and scope of nation duties deriving from that article. The sequence constitutes a necessary software for actors within the box of children’s rights, together with teachers, scholars, judges, grassroots staff, governmental, non- governmental and foreign officials. The sequence is backed by way of the Belgian Federal technological know-how coverage place of work.
Read or Download Commentary on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, Article 43-45: The UN Committee on the Rights of the Child (v. 43) PDF
Similar human rights books
How do you retain scholars prompted while their belief of an issue conflicts with the truth of its educational examine? foreign human rights legislation, definitely an exhilarating box, can be complicated and important. together with his step forward textbook, De Schutter specializes in overseas human rights legislation as an international criminal procedure, instead of as a set of other (though comparable) rights, giving it relevance and immediacy.
This quantity of essays - located on the interface among felony doctrine and criminal and political philosophy - discusses the conceptual and normative matters posed through the appropriate to inclusion and exclusion the ecu claims for itself whilst enacting and imposing immigration and asylum coverage less than the world of Freedom, safety, and Justice.
- The Humanitarians: The International Committee of the Red Cross
- Africa and the European Union: A Strategic Partnership
- Toward a Theory of Human Rights: Religion, Law, Courts
- Campaigning for Justice: Human Rights Advocacy in Practice (Stanford Studies in Human Rights)
- The Nuremberg Military Tribunals and the Origins of International Criminal Law
Additional info for Commentary on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, Article 43-45: The UN Committee on the Rights of the Child (v. 43)
319. 126 UN Docs. CRC/C/90, 1999, para. 318 and CRC/C/87, 1999, para. 255. The country rapporteur is responsible: (1) for the contact with the staff member of the secretariat throughout the whole process; (2) for leading the discussion during the pre-session and the session; (3) for finalising the list of issues to be addressed to the State Party after the pre-sessional working group meeting and (4) for finalising and ensuring the quality of the concluding observations and recommendations. 127 Ph.
CRC/C/20, 1993, para. 172). Cf. supra No 29. 157 Cf. supra No 29. 160 The Committee hence definitely made efforts and created important advances. 161 43. It should be stressed that the partnership is mutual. 1 Urgent Actions 44. One of the weaknesses of the reporting procedure is the fact that the Committee is only authorised to act when it has a report at its disposal. This means that in situations of grave human rights violations, the Committee 158 L. c. (note 109), pp. 47–48 and 52. 159 In order to come to some kind of cooperation, an annual meeting is held between the Chairpersons of the Human Rights Treaty Bodies.
CRC/C/43, 1995), para. 103; Burundi (UN Doc. CRC/C/100, 2000), paras. 97–98; and Armenia (UN Doc. CRC/C/137, 2004), paras. 186–187. 93 CRC Committee, General Comment No 2 (2002), The role of independent national human rights institutions in the promotion and protection of the rights of the child (UN Doc. CRC/GC/2002/2, 2002). 94 D. Goodman, ‘Analysis of the first session of the Committee on the Rights of the Child’, Netherlands Quarterly of Human Rights 1, 1992, p. 50. THE ACTIONS OF THE CRC COMMITTEE 21 did stress that this classification is not a classification based on the importance of the rights.