By David Eisele MD, Richard V. Smith MD FACS
Successfully averting, spotting, and coping with issues is critical on your operative good fortune. permit a multidisciplinary group of specialists in otolaryngology, cosmetic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgical procedure, and basic surgical procedure consultant you thru the whole variety of issues linked to all kinds of head and neck technique . . . so that you might be outfitted to supply the main favorable results for even the main demanding cases!
- Expert, accomplished, multidisciplinary insurance of head and neck issues allows you to accurately comprise new surgical concepts into your practice.
- An emphasis on problem prevention and popularity assists you in keeping off the "complication cascade."
- Coverage of either acute and long term care of sufferers with head and neck issues prepares you to make powerful offerings in either instances.
- A new "Quality of lifestyles" part examines the controversies that frequently encompass identifying one strategy over one other, illuminating why yes techniques should not regularly top for a few patients.
- A new part on issues of facial plastic and reconstructive surgical procedure equips you to accomplish those ideas with better confidence.
- A constant, useful bankruptcy structure is helping you specialise in key medical and surgical considerations.
- A new, extra cohesive full-color representation software richly captures visible nuances of scientific presentation and operative technique.
- A bonus CD-ROM permits you to use all the pictures from the e-book in digital presentations.
Read Online or Download Complications in Head and Neck Surgery with CD Image Bank, 2e PDF
Best neurosurgery books
Crucial Neurosurgery presents a finished advent to neurosurgery for junior surgical trainees and scientific scholars. The ebook concentrates at the ideas of neurosurgical prognosis and administration of the extra universal vital apprehensive approach difficulties, together with an realizing of neurology and the pathological foundation of neurological disorder.
This quantity is a finished overview of the state-of-the-art within the administration of spinal tumors. best specialists from the U.S., Europe, and India current the newest options and findings at the epidemiology, class, prognosis, radiation treatment, and surgery of fundamental and metastatic tumors of the backbone.
The matter with so much orthopaedic surgical procedure books is they do not safely painting what you spot in a surgical environment. This awesome atlas, that includes approximately four hundred superbly finished colour images, offers the 1st visible advisor to surgical anatomy as you spot it. unique gains of the atlas include:*Over four hundred top of the range colour images that vividly depict surgical anatomy* clean cadaver specimens painting the genuine colours of the anatomy concerned* step by step assurance of greater than 60 ways to the foot, hand, thigh, knee, backbone, and extra!
Built from video recordings made with cutting-edge cameras in grasp surgeons' working rooms, this cutting edge full-color atlas/DVD package deal offers a true-to-life, step by step educational on 37 universal orthopaedic surgeries. An atlas that includes brilliant intraoperative pictures, plus surgical drawings and "how-to" directions wealthy in medical pearls, is supplemented through an interactive multimedia DVD that includes 1 hour of real-time narrated video.
- The Comprehensive Treatment of the Aging Spine: Minimally Invasive and Advanced Techniques (Expert Consult - Online and Print)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Brain and Spine (2 Volume Set)
- The Neurosurgical Instrument Guide
- Atlas of operative microneurosurgery
Additional resources for Complications in Head and Neck Surgery with CD Image Bank, 2e
Am J Emerg Med 2004;22(6):506–507. 92. Lewis RN, Swerdlow M: Hazards of endotracheal anaesthesia. Br J Anaesth 1964;36:504–515. 93. Dhand R, Johnson JC: Care of the chronic tracheostomy. Respir Care 2006;51(9):984–1004. 94. Roh JL, Lee JH: Spontaneous tracheal rupture after severe coughing in a 7-year-old boy. Pediatrics 2006;118(1):e224–e247. 95. Peña MT, Aujla PK, Choi SS, Zalzal GH: Acute airway distress from endotracheal intubation injury in the pediatric aerodigestive tract. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2004;130(5):575–578.
Clin Chest Med 2003;24(3):457–471. 97. Bielamowicz S, Stager SV: Diagnosis of unilateral recurrent laryngeal nerve paralysis: Laryngeal electromyography, subjective rating scales, acoustic and aerodynamic measures. Laryngoscope 2006;116(3):359–364. 98. Farrag TY, Samlan RA, Lin FR, Tufano RP: The utility of evaluating true vocal fold motion before thyroid surgery. Laryngoscope 2006;116(2):235–238. 99. Apfelbaum RI, Kriskovich MD, Haller JR: On the incidence, cause, and prevention of recurrent laryngeal nerve palsies during anterior cervical spine surgery.
The use of 2% lidocaine sprayed into the mouth and throat may cause the loss of a gag reﬂex and allow for awake laryngoscopy (see later discussion). In other situations, tracheal intubation via either the oral or nasal route using a ﬁber-optic scope should be done with the patient awake. In this latter situation, the facilitation of ﬁber-optic intubation may require the blockade of speciﬁc nerves (Table 1-8). • In the oral cavity, the anterior aspect of the tongue is innervated by the lingual nerve.