By Canada. Office of Energy Efficiency.; REIC Ltd
Read or Download Consumer's guide to buying energy-efficient windows and doors PDF
Similar windows books
Today’s internet 2. zero purposes (think fb and Twitter) cross a long way past the confines of the machine and are widespread on cellular units. The cellular internet has turn into awfully renowned given the good fortune of the iPhone and BlackBerry, the significance of home windows cellular, and the emergence of Palm Pre (and its webOS platform). At Apress, we're lucky to have Gail Frederick of the well known education web site study the cellular net provide her specialist recommendation in starting telephone internet improvement. during this publication, Gail teaches the net criteria and basics particular to smartphones and different feature-driven cellphones and devices.
* exhibits you the way to construct interactive cellular sites utilizing internet applied sciences optimized for browsers in smartphones
* info markup basics, layout ideas, content material model, usability, and interoperability
* Explores cross-platform criteria and most sensible practices for the cellular net authored through the W3C, dotMobi, and comparable agencies
* Dives deeps into the characteristic units of the preferred cellular browsers, together with WebKit, Chrome, Palm Pre webOS, Pocket IE, Opera cellular, and Skyfire
By the top of this ebook, you’ll have the educational, instruments, and strategies for growing strong cellular internet reports on any of those structures on your favourite phone or different cellular device.
<h3>You’ll find out how to:</h3> * construct interactive cellular websites that agree to criteria and top practices.
* advance websites utilizing the markup languages of the cellular net: XHTML-MP, instant CSS, and WML.
* Adapt the syntax and layout of cellular web content to focus on telephone models.
* increase cellular websites to focus on complicated gains of cellphone browsers.
* Validate and compress cellular markup to optimize for community transmission and browser performance.
* Simulate cellphone browsers utilizing emulators and improvement tools.
<h3>Who is that this ebook for? </h3>
Mobile program builders and their managers have to research cellular net applied sciences simply because it’s of their fiscal curiosity. Time-to-market and chance bills are considerably decrease for web-based cellular purposes than for local ones.
Desktop net builders at software program businesses and IT departments of non-technology companies have to research cellular net applied sciences to fulfill the calls for of managers who will quickly be asking them to “mobilize this site. ” those builders should want to do the minimal paintings attainable to maximise the compatibility in their cellular websites. The standards-based procedure endorsed during this e-book will let them construct gracefully adaptive and conveyable cellular internet stories that practice good throughout cellular browser platforms.
Grasp home windows Server install and configuration with hands-on perform and interactive examine aids for the MCSA: home windows Server 2012 R2 examination 70-410 MCSA: home windows Server 2012 R2 deploy and Configuration learn advisor: examination 70-410 offers whole education for examination 70-410: fitting and Configuring home windows Server 2012 R2.
- Das Windows Server 2003 codebook
- Instant Migration from Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 to 2012 How-to
Extra resources for Consumer's guide to buying energy-efficient windows and doors
The material most commonly chosen for insulating around windows is injected foam. Injected foam has the advantage of providing good thermal resistance and resistance to the passage of air and water vapour, thus allowing installation in one stage using a single product (Fig. 46). However, the foam has to be applied with great care, because the pressure created by overfilling may distort the frame and cause the window to jam or the glass to break. Care must also be taken to ensure that the foam used is compatible with the materials with which it is in contact, such as the window frame and caulking products.
4 Understanding Warranties A window is usually covered by a warranty for performance under normal operating conditions. The recommended minimum warranty for a window, both parts and labour, is one year. Make sure that the installer’s workmanship is also covered by a warranty. For example, if the installer accidentally breaks the Insulated Glazing Unit (IGU) during installation, this type of incident should be covered by the installer’s warranty. Installation errors may not show up for a few months.
44 The same basic guidelines on glazing and frame materials apply for doors as for windows. 3 Skylights Skylights can bring added light to a home and make it more attractive. However, if not designed or installed properly, they can lose far more heat than a standard roof and window, and can present special problems including water leakage, condensation, and summer overheating. 2 standard. Normally, a skylight’s thermal performance is indicated by its “U” value. Skylights should be as resistant to heat loss as possible.