By James Kellaway Colling
В двух томах приведены детали и фрагменты, позволяющие подробнее узнать об архитектуре Готики они станут хорошим дополнением к библиотеке Архитектора.
Read or Download Details of Gothic Architecture. PDF
Best architecture books
What's a hammer-beam roof? the place does a voissoir slot in an arch? What church buildings did Nicholas Hawksmoor layout? Now structure scholars and others attracted to the background of the outfitted setting can seek advice a unmarried reference e-book to discover the solutions to those and to hundreds of thousands of different questions, fast and within the shape most simply comprehended: transparent and logical drawings.
The 50 most important rules and kinds in structure, every one defined in part a minute. The bestselling 30-Second sequence bargains a brand new method of studying approximately these topics you are feeling you have to relatively comprehend. each name takes a favored subject and dissects it into the 50 most vital rules at its center.
John Pawson (1949), the daddy of contemporary architectural minimalism, is El Croquis featured architect. Pawson s architectural occupation modern has spanned a large choice of initiatives: from Bruce Chandler s inner most studio to Calvin Klein s flagship shop in new york. This variation of El Croquis surveys 19 of his architectural initiatives.
Rem Koolhaas (Rotterdam,1944) studied structure on the AA in London--where he went directly to develop into a lecturer--and on the IAUS in long island, in the course of Peter Eisenmans time there. Koolhaas has regularly been attached with the idea of structure, as lecturer on the cutting edge AA, as a speaker, and together with his released paintings: Delirious big apple, a retrospective manifesto for big apple (1978) and the hot S, M, L, XL (1995).
- The Australian Ugliness
- Baroque and Rococo - Architecture and Decoration
- A Companion to Roman Architecture
- Vitruvius: Writing the Body of Architecture
- Code for Lighting
- La vida secreta de los edificios
Additional resources for Details of Gothic Architecture.
22. 35 Hertzberger, Lessons For Students in Architecture, p. 149. 36 Strauven, Aldo van Eyck, p. 354. The role of the user 43 The central point of the school hall is the brick podium-block, which is used for both formal assemblies and spontaneous gatherings. At first sight it would seem that the potential of the space would be greater if the block could be moved out of the way from time to time and, as was to be expected this was indeed a point of lengthy discussions. It is the permanence, the immobility, and the ‘being in the way’ that is the central issue, because it is indeed that inescapable presence as focal point that contains the suggestions and incentives for response.
Imrie writes: These conceptions of the body have their roots in the post-Galilean view which conceives of the physical body as a machine and a subject of mechanical laws. 52 Quetglas, p. 134. 53 Tafuri and Dal Co, p. 157, quoted in Wall, p. 51. 54 Evans, ‘Mies van der Rohe’s Paradoxical Symmetries’, p. 258. 55 Evans, ‘Mies van der Rohe’s Paradoxical Symmetries’, p. 251. 56 Blaser, p. 26. 57 The purpose of Weather Architecture, my project for the Pavilion, is to disrupt the status of the Pavilion as an object of contemplation and to affirm the creative role of the user in the formulation of architecture.
The clients, and present owners, are Suzanne Frank, an architectural academic who Eisenman appointed as a researcher at the Institute for Architecture and Urban Studies when he was its Director, and Dick Frank, a regular photographer of Eisenman’s buildings. In naming the house for the architect rather than the client, as is the case with most published houses, the intellectual property of the architect is prioritized over the legal or emotional property of the client. 54 Suzanne Frank recalls that ‘Eisenman spoke to us about our needs and activities in the house.