By Danielle A Brands
Microbiology specialists inform the nice detective tales of the way a few of the world's best-known lethal disease-causing microbes have been first remoted, pointed out, and studied. during this carrying on with, top promoting sequence, readers will learn the way those lethal viruses and micro organism reason ailment and what steps were taken to get rid of them. lethal illnesses AND EPIDEMICS MEETS highschool technology criteria.
Read or Download Salmonella (Deadly Diseases and Epidemics) PDF
Best personal health books
Microbiology specialists inform the nice detective tales of ways a number of the world's best-known lethal disease-causing microbes have been first remoted, pointed out, and studied. during this carrying on with, top promoting sequence, readers will learn the way those lethal viruses and micro organism reason ailment and what steps were taken to eliminate them.
Approximately one in six humans will boost significant melancholy, and teenagers are only as vulnerable as adults—if no more so. severe melancholy afflicts greater than million childrens every year within the usa on my own, however it can frequently be tough for teenagers to acknowledge their affliction and get aid. truly, young people with melancholy aren't by myself, and it is vital that they discover the doesn't must be "forever" yet is anything they could paintings towards overcoming.
- Living with Allergies
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Investigate Alcohol
- Teenage pregnancy: opposing viewpoints
- Digestion and Nutrition (The Human Body: How It Works)
- Age and Generation (Society Now)
Extra resources for Salmonella (Deadly Diseases and Epidemics)
The third way that bacteria obtain genes for resistance is probably the most efficient method for the bacteria, but the most difficult for researchers to study and fight. In this process, antibiotic resistance is obtained from a plasmid, or small circle of DNA. The difference between DNA and a plasmid is that DNA contains all of an organism’s genetic information, whereas a plasmid is a small independent DNA molecule that only encodes the information for a few specific genes. Bacteria can transfer plasmids among themselves just by being close to one another.
Muesli was also recalled with the expiration dates of September 10, 2004 and December 10, 2004. The stores that sold this product are: Acme, Albertsons, Archer Farm®, Best Choice®, Central Market®, Flavorite®, Fred Meyer®, Harris Teeter®, Hyvee, Jewel, Kroger, Ralph’s, Safeway Select Healthy Advantage®, Shaws®, and Shop ’N Save®. Arizona Daily Star, Thursday, July 15, 2004, Section A5, Associated Press, Washington. q 32 3/6/08 11:34 AM Page 32 SALMONELLA where contaminated food has been placed.
2. September 2002, England: One hundred fifty people became ill and two people died after eating eggs that were contaminated with Salmonella. The eggs had been purchased at different stores, but came from the same farm. The farm was issued citations on several health violations. 3. March 2003, Washington and Oregon: Several workers at an alfalfa sprout farm in Washington State became ill. The seeds that the workers had been handling were contaminated with Salmonella, which caused people working with them to become ill.